I have undergone a life changing transformation.
I would like to help others do the same
“Fortune helps those that dare” Virgil
at a time.
WHO am I?
Certainly not the same the person I was several years ago,
or at least it does not feel that way.
I have CHANGED to such an extent that people often don’t recognize me,
both outside (MY physical appearance) and inside (MY mental, emotional and spiritual side)
They say a picture is worth a thousand words
So I have included two, a Before and an After (see below).
This transformation did not take place overnight.
It was more like, one step at a time.
Slow at first, until the momentum, and MY confidence, started to build.
(BMI 33: 264lbs)
- Zero exercise,
I mean ZERO
- On meds for Cholesterol levels,
both levels, good and bad, are off
- Pre diabetic sugar levels
- Functioning alcoholic
(6-8 bottles of wine per week)
- 2010: Lowest performance rating
in my 19+ years at my employer
- Healthy weight (BMI 24.8, 185 lbs).
New wardrobe. M instead of XL
- Exercise 6 days a week including
cardio and weights
- Both cholesterol levels healthy.
Now off meds
- Sugar levels healthy
- Maximum 1-2 glasses of wine
and 1-2 glasses of beer per week
- 2013: highest rating in my 22 + years
at same employer
- Terrified to wander out
of my comfort zone
- Miserable in “job” but “paralysed”
to do anything about it
- Waking up in the morning excited
for the adventures ahead, even Mondays
- Speaking, facilitating and coaching on topics
that terrified me only a few years earlier
- Passionate about what I am doing
Feeling like I am making a difference
- Escaping life by watching movies
and reading the paper
- I treat myself to one movie
Shutting out everyone
but my 2 children
- Spending no time
with my wife
- Reconnected and close to family and friends
- Quality time and not just time with my children
- Large network of peers (1,000+)
- Spending more quality time in my new role as co-parent, ex-spouse and I hope, friend
- I did not even know
what spiritual meant
- I am uncovering a very spiritual side to me that I did not even know existed. And I am liking it
If you want to go fast,
If you want to go far,
When I first started my personal transformation I did not realize the extent of change I would undertake.
I just started moving forward and eventually momentum kicked in.
Slow and steady won the race.
It turned out to be more of a marathon than a sprint.
I am thankful to both myself and those people who helped through this transition
WHAT I DO! and WHY!
Took me a while to reach what I believe to be my true potential and calling in life but, HEY, better late than never 🙂
I would now like to help others make positive changes in their lives as well
I am hoping that through my COACHING and STORYTELLING (writing and speaking) that I can both INSPIRE and EMPOWER my clients to make positive changes in their lives
Changes that will allow them to also lead more fulfilling lives, whatever that may mean to them.